Headteacher - Carmel Longley
Welcome to Glenbrook Primary School. Our school is set on open, attractive green spaces in the heart of Clapham Park. We enjoy and actively work to maintain a strong community spirit among our children, parents and staff.
Glenbrook recognises the potential of every individual to achieve excellence. We strive to positively address underachievement and have very high expectations for all members of our school community. At Glenbrook we work hard to creatively remove barriers to achievement and raise self-esteem. We are determined to create a true culture of ‘learning for all’ through meaningful partnerships with the whole school community.
At Glenbrook everyone works to provide a welcoming, calm, happy and purposeful atmosphere within which, as members of a culturally rich community, we provide an education free from discrimination. We want our school to be characterised by openness and honesty. We believe in commitment, opportunity, respect and excellence.
We deliver a broad, balanced, relevant and futures-focussed curriculum in an optimum learning environment that is attractive, stimulating and informative.
From our stated aims, we work collectively to achieve the following objectives:
- A happy, calm and nurturing school community
- A highly stimulating learning environment
- Mutual respect and understanding
- An inclusive education
- The making of informed and responsible choices about how we behave and the impact of this on others
- Very high standards and expectations / intolerance of underachievement
- An exciting, progressive and varied curriculum
- Development of self-motivation, independence, positive attitudes and confidence
- Providing positive and diverse role models
"Pupils enjoy school and most are confident that they are well looked after and feel safe." February 2014 Ofsted Report
I do hope you enjoy looking at our website and seeing what we do exceptionally well here. We are proud of our extensive, lush green spaces but all the more excited by, and committed to, transforming lives and further enriching our wonderful community. If you would like to come and visit our exceptional school and see all that it has to offer, please contact the school office and we will be delighted to arrange a guided tour.
I look forward to meeting you.
Ms C Longley