Ambition, aspiration and a forward looking approach are integral to the life of Gipsy Hill Federation. Staff are offered unparalleled career development opportunities and are fully supported to develop areas of interest and skills. We recognise the important part that all staff members play in contributing to the success of our schools. Our work is underpinned by a collegiate culture where our staff collaborate to share practice and ideas in order to benefit all colleagues.
Each year staff participate in a range of initiatives. We are currently working with UCL Institute of Education as part of a project to develop Research Learning Communities and The Philosophy Foundation to develop our own Philosophy Champions. We all play a part in developing your talents at the Federation and support your development in a range of ways as exemplified below:
- Bespoke NQT programme with attached coaching and mentor support
- Peer observations and sharing of best practice
- Bespoke weekly training adapted to needs as they arise
- Weekly planning sessions supported by Year Leaders
- Lead Practitioners available to coach and develop skill sets and subject knowledge in particular areas
- Leadership pathways
- School based MA
- Opportunities to work across multiple sites
- Monthly Working Together day for senior teams and middle leaders
- Opportunities to access external training courses and visit other schools
Our Professional Development has been externally validated by the award of The Gold Professional Development Quality Mark from UCL Institute of Education.